Moist and flavorful, these make for a great Saturday morning treat. Or, you can make ahead of time, and eat throughout the week.
These muffins are made with rolled oats and a low amount of sugar. The fiber in the banana and oats will help to slow the amount of sugar released into the bloodstream while keeping you full for longer. For an even lower sugar option, replace the brown sugar with brown sugar splenda.
- 2 ¼ cups ground rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 banana, mashed
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grind oats in a food processor until a flour forms.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine milk, egg, and oil. Mix applesauce with banana and add to wet mixture. Add to dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Pour into greased muffin cups. Bake 15-17 minutes.