I know it is not Easter yet, but I just could not resist making some egg salad. It is quick, easy, and full of flavor. You can eat it with cut-up vegetables, crackers, or with whole wheat bread.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup red chopped red pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise (replace with low-fat or lite mayonnaise for a lower fat option)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Roughly chop the eggs and add to a large bowl with the chopped celery and red pepper.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl. Then, add the mixture to the eggs and chopped vegetables.
- Mix all the ingredients together and then add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe serves 4-6 people.
The eggs are a great source of folate and protein.